Add a Custom Date Type to a Task
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of Contents1. Click Add a tool in the Tools box of the Task Workspace.2. Select Date from the dropdown menu.3. Click on the Date Type field to select a custom date type.4. Click on the relevant Date Type to select that date type for the task date.5. Select a fixed or relative date.6. Click Create.
Custom dates can be added to each task created in Canopy. Any dates added can be assigned a custom Date Type to help you filter and organize your tasks on the task list. To add a new date with a custom date type to a task, first open a relevant Task in Canopy.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create, Edit, and Assign Work; Generic Tasks
1. Click Add a tool in the Tools box of the Task Workspace.
2. Select Date from the dropdown menu.
3. Click on the Date Type field to select a custom date type.
- Only Start Date, and custom Date Types that have previously been assigned to the task are available to select.
- You can add a new Custom Date Type by typing the name of the new date type and clicking the + icon or pressing Enter on your keyboard.