Run a Timer
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Start a timer from anywhere in Canopy without disruption to your other work. When you’re ready, you can choose to pause, discard, or save the time entry. Time entries can be viewed and managed from the Time Entries dashboard. Note the timer will not record time past midnight of the same day the timer was started. You will be prompted to either discard or save the time entry.
1. Click Time on the global navigation bar.
2. Click Start a new timer on the slide-in menu.
- Click the Search for contact field to add a contact to the timer.
- Click the What are you working on? field to add a title to the timer.
3. Click Play on any existing timer to resume the timer for that task.
- Multiple timers cannot run simultaneously, only one timer can run at a time.
- A timer already running when you start a new timer or click play on an existing timer will pause.
- Paused timers will display in the Time menu until they are discarded or saved. These timers can also be viewed in the Time Entries dashboard.
4. Click Save to save your time entry.
- Saved time entries will not display in the Time menu.
- Saved time entries can be viewed in the Time Entries dashboard.
5. Click the X to close the Time menu.
- If you have started a timer, it will continue running even when the window closes.
- Timers will not run across several days.
- At midnight, the timer will stop and upon your next login you will be prompted to either save the time entry or discard it.