Add a time entry to a Task
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of Contents1. Select Time Entry from the slide-in panel.2. If needed, change the date and time spent boxes.3. Click the Contact box to search for a contact.4. Click the Service drop down menu to assign a service to the time entry.5. Click the Task drop down menu to apply the time to a specified task.6. Click the Assignee box to assign a team member to the time entry.7. If applicable, add a note to the time entry.8. Click Save to apply the time entry to the specified task.
Canopy allows you to track time towards tasks or subtasks. Once time has been added and saved to a task or subtask, practitioners can easily create invoices from the saved time entries. Tracking time spent on tasks further allows Canopy users to understand their time allocation and productivity. Time can also be added to tasks from the Contact Profile. To add a time entry to a task, click on the Global Add Button on the global navigation bar.
- License: Workflow and Advanced Reporting
- Permissions: Create, Edit, and Assign Work; Time
1. Select Time Entry from the slide-in panel.
- You can also save previously created time entries to a task by clicking the in-line Save icon on your Timer.
2. If needed, change the date and time spent boxes.
- The date and time spent box will be automatically filled according to the timer entry.
- If you have enabled the Duration Calculator in your settings, the Time spent box will be greyed out and you will be able to enter a Start time and Endtime.
3. Click the Contact box to search for a contact.
4. Click the Service drop down menu to assign a service to the time entry.
5. Click the Task drop down menu to apply the time to a specified task.
- If needed, select a Subtask from the Subtask drop down menu.
6. Click the Assignee box to assign a team member to the time entry.
- The assignee will default to the team member that created the timer.
7. If applicable, add a note to the time entry.
8. Click Save to apply the time entry to the specified task.