Filter the Task List
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
You can sort or filter any column - your selections will persist even after you leave the app and come back. To get started, click Tasks on the global navigation bar. Choose Task list from the slide-in menu.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Work
1. Click the header of the column you wish to sort and filter.
2. Click on your preferred sort option.
- For example, you can click on Sort A - Z or Sort Z - A.
3. Select your filter preferences by clicking on each category you want to include on the task dashboard.
- To view all of your Notices in Canopy, Choose Notice under the Task Type filter.
4. After selecting your sort and filter options, click Apply Filter.
- The task dashboard will update according to the preferences you’ve set. Your selections will persist even if you logout of Canopy and return later.
5. Click and drag columns to arrange them differently on the task list.
Change visible columns on the Task List
Columns can be shown or hidden on the task list according to a user's preference. Visible columns can be selected in the Customize Task List modal. To get started, navigate to the Task List in Canopy.
1. Click on the Options menu in the top-right corner.
2. Select Customize task list on the popout menu.
3. Ensure that the Customize columns tab is selected in the navigation column.
4. Select the filter view to change using the dropdown menu.
5. Select which Task attributes to show on the task list.
- Checked items will be visible and unchecked items will be hidden.
6. Select whether to show the Start date or Due date columns.
7. Input a search into the text box to add custom date type columns to the task list.
- Select the date types to add to the Date Columns box.
- Click Done to add the selected date types.
8. Repeat step 7 as needed.
9. Click Save and close to apply your changes.
- Before saving, you can make changes to other filter views by repeating steps 4 through 8. Be sure to click Save and close when finished or your changes will not be applied to your filter views.