Add tags to your .CS
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of Contents1. Make sure your .CSV file includes a Tags column.2. Enter a tag for each contact on your sheet.3. Import your .CSV file with the saved changes.
We recommend you add tags in Canopy before adding tags to your contact import .CSV file. If you add tags to your .CSV file that are not present in Canopy, the system will simply add them to your list of tags. To get started, open your contact import file on your computer.
- Permissions: Tags
1. Make sure your .CSV file includes a Tags column.
2. Enter a tag for each contact on your sheet.
- You can add multiple tags to a single client but each tag needs to be separated by a comma.
- These tags should correspond with the tags you have set up in Canopy. If they do not, Canopy will add any tags that do not already exist in the system.
3. Import your .CSV file with the saved changes.
- You’ll be able to map the Tags column in your .CSV file to the column in Canopy. Refer to Importing Contacts to Canopy [link] for more details.