Manage Roles and Permissions
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of ContentsViewing Canopy's Default Roles1. Select Roles & Permissions from the navigation column.2. Select a Role to view.3. Scroll through the permissions toggles to view what permissions are assigned to the selected role.4. Click Done to return to the Roles & Permissions page.Assigning Roles to Team Members1. Navigate to your Settings in Canopy.2. Select Team Members from the left-side column.3. Click on the Role dropdown menu in-line with a relevant team member.4. Select a Role from the dropdown menu.
All Canopy users have access to six (6) preset roles with preset permissions that can be applied to team members. Canopy's pro users are able to create and tune their own roles with custom permissions to fit their specific needs.
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Roles and Permissions
Viewing Canopy's Default Roles
Canopy has a selection of six (6) preset roles that can be assigned to team members. Only Admin, and Admin (No Billing) users can assign roles to team members. A list of the permissions assigned to each role can be accessed within your Canopy settings. To get started, navigate to your Settings in Canopy.
1. Select Roles & Permissions from the navigation column.
2. Select a Role to view.
3. Scroll through the permissions toggles to view what permissions are assigned to the selected role.
- Green toggles indicate permissions the selected role has access to.
- Grey toggles indicate permissions the selected role does not have access to.
4. Click Done to return to the Roles & Permissions page.
Assigning Roles to Team Members
1. Navigate to your Settings in Canopy.
2. Select Team Members from the left-side column.
3. Click on the Role dropdown menu in-line with a relevant team member.
4. Select a Role from the dropdown menu.
- At least one team member must be assigned to the Admin role.
- For information about creating a custom role, refer to the Customizing Roles and Permissions article.