If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Release Notes December 2019
These release notes are meant to give an overview of new features and/or enhancements launched in the month of December.
What's New for Practice Management
Description: You can now add recurring payments to your recurring invoices. This can be done when creating a recurring invoice, or in the payments section of the billing dashboard.
Client Request Enhancement
Description: When creating a Client Request the Task owner will now default to creator of the client request.
Sending Client Requests
What's New for Tax Resolution
Description: The user experience for the Transcripts Account Overview page has received the following updates:
- Tiger stripes to improve visibility.
- Blue checkmarks now appear in the Qualifying FTA column when the user has a first-time abatement.
- Three new columns have been added: Refunds, Payments and Credits, and Penalties.
What's New for Canopy
Contact Based Licensing
Description: Canopy has transitioned to contact-based licensing.
Description: The client organizer has launched allowing practitioners to quickly gather and organize clients' tax information in one simple step.
Navigating the Client Organizer
Description: Various desktop notification bugs have been fixed.
Mobile - Canopy Client Portal App
Description: The Canopy Client Portal App is now available for download on both Android and iOS. Some of the app features include:
- A white-label experience for contacts within the app.
- Persistent authentication utilizing passcode, Touch ID, Face ID or Android biometrics.
- A combined to-do list for all client requests.
- Task and Engagement Client Requests are built-in to the native app.
- The ability to eSign documents and complete surveys via web-view. Both are connected to the existing Client Portal website.
- The ability to view and add new files to the Client Portal from a user's phone.
- The ability to view invoices and payments
Custom Fields in Contact List
Description: You can now add custom fields to the Contact List in order to sort contacts according to those custom fields.