If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of Contents1. Click Payment on the slide-in menu.2. Search for the contact who is making the payment.3. Select an outstanding invoice to which the payment will be applied.4. Select a payment method.5. Enter all applicable payment information.6. Click Continue.7. Review the information listed in the Verify and Confirm Payment window.8. Click Confirm and pay.9. Click Done.
Managing payments in Canopy through the Billing feature allows you to better track invoices and clients' billing information. This article will cover the process of entering payments into Canopy. Payments can be entered manually or processed using Canopy Payments. To get started, click the Global Add icon.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Payments
1. Click Payment on the slide-in menu.
2. Search for the contact who is making the payment.
3. Select an outstanding invoice to which the payment will be applied.
- If the contact's account is paid in full, you will not be able to enter a payment.
4. Select a payment method.
- Payment options include:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Bank Transfer
- If you are not enrolled in Canopy Payments, you will only see the Cash, Check, or Other options.
5. Enter all applicable payment information.
- Information fields will vary depending on the payment method you select.
- When processing a card payment, be sure to include the Card number, Expiration date, CVV, Name on card, and Billing zip code.
- When processing an ACH payment, be sure to include all applicable account information.
- Click add a note, to enter any comments for the payment such as reference number.
- Reference numbers are for internal use only.
6. Click Continue.
7. Review the information listed in the Verify and Confirm Payment window.
8. Click Confirm and pay.
- When the checkbox is selected, Canopy will send your contact a receipt for the payment.
- If anything is incorrect, click Back to correct the information.
9. Click Done.
- The Payment Submitted window will load once your payment has been entered successfully.
- If needed, click Make Another Payment.
- If needed, click the Download icon.
- If needed, click the Print icon.