Enroll in Canopy Payments
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of Contents1. Choose Dashboard from the slide-in menu.2. Click Learn more on the Canopy Payments banner.3. Click Start Enrollment.4. Enter the Company Information on the first page of the enrollment process, then click Next.5. Enter the key information for all Owners/Partners holding 25% or more equity interest, then click next.6. Enter the required Bank Account information.7. Review all application information, then click Next.8. Click the Terms and Conditions checkbox to indicate you agree to Canopy's terms and conditions.9. Click Submit Application.10. Following the successful submission of your application to Canopy Payments, you will need to complete the following steps:Confirming Micro-Deposits1. Choose Dashboard on the slide-in menu.2. Click Enter amount in the Canopy Payments banner.3. Click Close in the Account Confirmed window to begin using Canopy Payments.
Managing payments in Canopy through the Billing feature allows you to better track invoices and clients' billing information. In order to process ACH and credit card payments through Canopy, you will need to enroll in Canopy Payments. If you do not wish to use Canopy Payments, you are free to use a third-party payment processor outside of Canopy and manually log your payments. To enroll in Canopy Payments, click Billing on the global navigation bar.
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Billing and Payments
1. Choose Dashboard from the slide-in menu.
- Canopy will redirect you to the global billing dashboard
2. Click Learn more on the Canopy Payments banner.
3. Click Start Enrollment.
4. Enter the Company Information on the first page of the enrollment process, then click Next.
5. Enter the key information for all Owners/Partners holding 25% or more equity interest, then click next.
- If needed, click Add owner/partner to enter the information for any additional owners/partners.
- Of these owners/partners, select an applicant to be the main applicant for enrolling in Canopy Payments.
- Of the owners/partners listed, select the individual holding controlling interest in your firm.
- These two designations can be selected for the same person or two different people.
6. Enter the required Bank Account information.
- If you would like to accept American Express credit cards, slide the toggle on next to Accept American Express credit card payments.
- Enter your 10-digit Merchant Account Number.
- If you do not have a Merchant Account Number, please contact American Express directly to apply for one. They can be reached at 1-800-445-2639 or 1-800-528-5200.
7. Review all application information, then click Next.
8. Click the Terms and Conditions checkbox to indicate you agree to Canopy's terms and conditions.
9. Click Submit Application.
- You will not see this screen if the information entered was in any way invalid. You will be prompted to try again.
10. Following the successful submission of your application to Canopy Payments, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Check your bank account regularly for a micro-deposit to be made by Paysafe Merchant.
- This micro-deposit will be made directly to your bank account within 1-3 business days of your application.
- Keep an eye for a micro-deposit made by Paysafe Merchant.
- Confirm micro-deposit in Canopy
An important step to verifying your account for Canopy Payments is to confirm the micro-deposit made to your bank account. To get started, click Billing on the global navigation bar.
1. Choose Dashboard on the slide-in menu.
2. Click Enter amount in the Canopy Payments banner.
- Enter the amount received in the field provided, then click save.
- You will have three attempts to verify the amount.
- If the amount you have entered does not match Canopy's records, click Try again.