Set up Recurring Payments
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Recurring Payments allow you to set a cadence of scheduled payments towards a client's recurring invoice. For help creating a Recurring Invoice, please refer to the provided knowledge base article. This guide will show you how to apply recurring payments using the global add button. To get started, click on the Global Add Button.
- Permissions: Access to the contact; Invoices; Create, edit & Send Invoices; Create, Edit & Refund Payments
1. Select Payment from the slide-in menu.
2. Search for and select a Contact to apply the payment to.
- You must have a Recurring Invoice set up to apply the payment to.
3. Select Recurring payment from the Payment type dropdown.
4. Choose a recurring invoice in the Select recurring series box.
- Payment series will only apply to future invoices. Previously sent invoices will require a one-time payment entry to pay off.
5. Using the Pay on dropdown, choose to charge the payment on either the Due Date or the Invoice Date.
6. Click Continue.
7. Select a Payment method for the payment.
- Refer to the knowledge base article for Saving client payment information for help adding new payment methods.
- Default payment methods are chosen by default.