Scanning a Document on Mobile
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of ContentsPlease note:1. Tap Scan with camera.2. Align your document with the blue scan box that appears.3. Tap the Shutter button.4. Continue taking photos of any additional documents.5. When finished, click Save (#) where the # is replaced by how many photos you have taken.6. Select the type of document you are uploading, or input a new document type.7. To delete the file, click the Delete icon.
If you need to upload a physical document to send to your accountant, you can use Canopy's scan-to functionality to transfer the document digitally. To begin, click Add a file on the Files tab.
1. Tap Scan with camera.
- Your phone's camera will open.
- If this is your first time using your camera in the Client Portal app, you may need to authorize Canopy to access your camera.
2. Align your document with the blue scan box that appears.
3. Tap the Shutter button.
- On iOS, the photo will automatically be taken when the box is lined up.
4. Continue taking photos of any additional documents.
5. When finished, click Save (#) where the # is replaced by how many photos you have taken.
6. Select the type of document you are uploading, or input a new document type.
- The file name will default to YYYY-MM-ClientName-FileType.pdf.
- The document will appear in your files folder in the mobile app.