Merge Files to a New PDF
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Multiple files of different formats can be merged and converted to a single PDF with just a few quick clicks in Canopy. Files can be merged on the Files tab of the client record. To get started, navigate to a relevant client's Client Record.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Edit Files
1. Click on the Files tab.
2. Select the Files you want to merge.
- Hold Shift and Click to select all of the files between your first and second click.
- Hold Control and Click to select multiple, non-sequential files.
3. With the relevant files selected, Right Click on one of the files to open a popup window.
4. Select Combine Files from the popup window.
- One or two boxes will appear. If a file is unable to be combined, it will show up in a second box titled Files that can't be combined.
5. Enter a File Name for the combined file.
6. Move files around to change their location on the combined file.
7. Select whether to Archive the original files or Keep the original files.
8. Click Next.
9. Choose where to save the combined file.
- You can create new folders, as needed, by clicking the Add Folder icon.