If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of ContentsInfoNote:1. To begin annotating, click on the Annotate tab.2. Select an annotation tool to apply to the file.3. If needed, select from the tool's available presets.4. Click on the file to use the selected annotation tool.Adding Annotation Comments1. Select the Note tool from the annotate menu.2. Click on the file to add the note to that location.3. Input a comment in the Reply... text box. 4. Click Post to add the comment to the file.5. On the Comments sidebar, select a relevant comment to see the associated note.6. If needed, input an additional note in the Reply... text box.7. Click Post to add a reply to the note.
Canopy files can be annotated directly within Canopy. Currently, annotations can only be seen by firm members and will not be visible to contacts. Annotations provide an excellent way to communicate with firm members and make any necessary notes on a file. To get started, navigate to open a relevant file's File Previewer.
1. To begin annotating, click on the Annotate tab.
- Additionally, you can click the Shapes tab to select a shape to add to the document.
2. Select an annotation tool to apply to the file.
|Annotation Tool||Keyboard Hotkey||Description|
|H||Highlight: Use this tool to highlight text in a document.|
|U||Underline: Use this tool to underline text in a document.|
|K||Strikeout: Use this tool to strikeout text in a document.|
|N||Note: Use this tool to add a note or comment to a document|
|T||Free Text: Use this tool to add a text box to a document.|
|R||Rectangle: Use this tool to add a rectangle to a document.|
|Stamps: Use this tool to place a stamp on a document.|
|F||Free Hand: Use this tool to draw free hand on a document|
|C||Callout: Use this tool to add a callout to a document.|
3. If needed, select from the tool's available presets.
- The presets box will update to show applicable options for each selected tool.
- Most tools have additional preset options available on the in-line dropdown menu.
4. Click on the file to use the selected annotation tool.
Adding Annotation Comments
Annotation comments provide a space for a firm to communicate internally on a document. To get started, navigate to the file previewer for a relevant file in Canopy.
1. Select the Note tool from the annotate menu.
- Alternatively, type the Note hotkey, N, on your keyboard.
2. Click on the file to add the note to that location.
- The Comments Sidebar will open.
- You can toggle the Comments Sidebar by clicking the Comments icon on the toolbar.