Search for Contacts
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
You can always search for contacts in Canopy on the contact list using Filters, but the fastest way to navigate to a client in Canopy is through the search bar on the Global Navigation Bar. To get started, click Contacts on the global navigation bar.
1. Click on the Search contacts... box.
2. Begin typing a client's name, display name, external ID, email address, or phone number into the search bar.
- External IDs are usually imported as part of the Exporting Contacts process when transferring clients from a previous software.
- Display names are helpful when your client uses a name other than their legal name. Currently, display names are only shown when searching from the global navigation bar or contact list, and within client communications.
- Display names are not currently visible to your client on the client portal.
3. Select a contact from the search results.
- The Client Record will open.