Mark connections as inactive contacts
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Marking a Connection as Inactive
Once a connection has been added to a primary contact, you can edit the contact to ensure that they are marked as an inactive contact. To get started, navigate to the contact profile of a primary contact in Canopy. Primary contacts are those you wish to add a connection to.
- Manage Active/Inactive Contacts
1. Click on the options menu in-line with a relevant connection.
- The Options menu is only visible while hovering your cursor over the relevant connection.
2. Choose Edit from the dropdown menu.
3. If necessary, switch the Active toggle to grey.
- If the Active toggle is set to grey, the client will be marked as Inactive and will not count towards your contact billing tier.
- If the Active toggle is set to green, the contact will be marked as Active and will count towards your contact billing.