Create a Power of Attorney Form
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
In order to pull a transcript in Canopy, you will need to have already filled out a Power of Attorney form. This article will outline the steps you can take to fill out and download or print this form in Canopy.
In order to create a Power of Attorney form, you must first have created an engagement. For more information, refer to the Create an Engagement article. To get started, click Tasks on the global navigation bar.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Engagements
1. Choose Engagements from the slide-in menu.
2. Select an engagement.
3. In the left column, click Forms.
4. Click Federal.
5. Click Administrative.
6. Click the 2848 form.
7. Fill out the information in the fields provided on the screen.
- All changes are saved onto the form automatically.
- The 2848 form is separated into four sections: Taxpayer Information, Representative(s), Acts Authorized, Specific Use, Acts, and POAs.
- You can click through each section to fill out necessary information.
8. Click View Tax Form.
- This will give you a view of the tax form itself.
- Click the Save to files icon to save the form to a contact's folder, the Download icon to download the form to your computer or the Print icon to print this form.