Create Service Items
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Service items automatically set the billing rate and other information on invoices. By adding service items for each service your practice offers, you will be able to efficiently invoice your clients for the services rendered. To get started, click on Your Profile on the global navigation bar.
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Billing and Payments
1. Choose Settings from the pop-out menu.
2. Click Billing Settings on the left-side column.
3. Click on the Service Items tab.
4. Click Add new service item.
5. Input a name for the service item in the popup window.
6. If necessary, include a description of the services offered.
7.Select an Income Account for the service item.
8. Input a billable rate for the service item.
- You can choose to have the service charge per service item, or per hour that the service item is executed.
9. Input an applicable tax rate for the service offered.
- Tax rates should entered as a percentage. This percentage will automatically be applied to the total billing rate that you set in step 5.
10. Enter a code for the service item.
- Codes can be used to better classify different services or to differentiate services of the same name according to their respective department.
11. Click Save to add the service item.
Editing a Service Item
Previously created service items can be edited to update their billing details. To get started, navigate to your Settings in Canopy.