Apply a Billing Credit to an Invoice
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
After you Create a Billing Credit, you can apply the credit to an invoice associated with the assigned contact. To get started, navigate to the Credits dashboard.
1. Click on the Credit # of a relevant billing credit.
2. Click the Add to invoice button.
- Alternatively, you can Void or Refund the credit by clicking the More button.
- If needed, edit, download, print, or delete the credit by clicking the appropriate icon.
3. Select an open Invoice from the Invoice # dropdown menu.
4. Input a credit amount in the Amount to Credit box.
- You must input an amount equal to or less than the Credit available. If you try to input a number greater than the Credit available, the amount will automatically reset to the total Credit available amount.
5. Click Apply credits.
- The credit will be applied to the selected invoice and the Amount to Credit subtracted from the balance.