Send an eSign request to Clients
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of ContentsIn-App Guide1. Click Send request on the file preview screen.2. Edit the title of the request.3. Click the Add a due date field. 4. Click Add a Reminder.5. Click Add.6. Edit the accompanying message.7. Click Send now.
After adding the signature field, you will need to send the eSignature request to your client. To get started, you will need to have already added a signature field to a file.
1. Click Send request on the file preview screen.
2. Edit the title of the request.
- Titles will default to eSign request: [File name].
3. Click the Add a due date field.
- Select a date on the pop up calendar.
- A due date is optional.
4. Click Add a Reminder.
- Select frequency of the reminder from the Every drop-down menu.
- Select the duration of the reminder from the For drop-down menu.
- Reminders are optional.
5. Click Add.
6. Edit the accompanying message.
7. Click Send now.
- Your client will receive an email alerting them to the eSign request.
- A window will pop up displaying the options to return to files or View created task.
- You will have to select an option to close the pop up window and continue working in Canopy.