Add Task Tools
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Training Video Library
- Support Guides
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for Your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Getting Started with Canopy
- Canopy Updates
You can edit a task at any time in the Task Workspace.
In this article:
- Add Notes
- Add Custom Dates
- Add Reminders
- Add Files
Get Oriented in the Task Workspace
You can add several tools to further customize your workflow. The Task Workspace is where you can manage your newly created Task.
Let’s orient ourselves for a second - since in this example, the client was selected for this task - after we created this, we were brought to their client record - under the Task Tab. And we are currently viewing the workspace for this particular Task.
If you click on Tasks, you’ll see the list of Active Tasks for this contact.
Click on the name of the Task to get back into the workspace. You can further customize a Task by adding several tools:
- Start and Due Dates - and add Custom Dates
- And adding client requests and/or subtasks
You can leave notes relevant to the task you are working on. It's a nice place to jot down possible to-do’s, that may even become subtasks.
You can customize when you and team members should be reminded about the due date. To do that, you can create a Task Reminder.
First, fill out how often a reminder should happen: once or on a frequency.
- For a one time reminder, you can select the number of days, weeks, months before or after a start of the start or due date. You might this most useful for due date reminders - we commonly see practitioners do 3 days before a due date.
- For a frequent reminder, you can decide to send a reminder EVERY day, week, month, weekdays, or other day setups. It will send reminders to those assigned to this task on that frequency until the duration of your criteria is finished, depending if you chose before or after the start or due date.
For example, if you want to give team members a heads up about an upcoming task that will start, you could set up a reminder for every Monday before the Task Start Date.
And you could do the same thing for the Due Date.
Next, you’ll determine who should be reminded of your team.
Click the dropdown next to For and choose teammates from the list. You can choose team members to be reminded even if they are not assigned to this task.
You can add more reminders like this, if you need more. Just select Add Reminder!
If you didn’t add a Start and Due Date before, you can do that now. Click Add a Tool, then select Date.
To add a custom date, click the text entry box and begin typing the name of the Date. Then click on the + button to the right to add it. Now, in the dropdown, you can select that date type and select a date using a fixed or relative date.
New or Existing Files
You can add files from your desktop or from your existing Canopy Files.
Click New File or Existing File
Choose a file to upload.
All team members assigned to this task are able to view any files you add here.