Update tasks from the tasks list
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
You can update tasks from the task list without opening the task. To get started, click Tasks on the global navigation bar. Choose Task list from the slide-in menu.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Access to the specific task.
1. Click the status of a task.
- A dropdown will appear with a list of statuses to choose from.
- If needed, create your own status by click the Add custom statusoption.
- Input a custom Status Name in the popout field.
- Drag the color slider to select a custom color.
- Click Done.
2. Click the date of a task.
- A calendar will appear to change the date.
3. Click the assignee of a task.
- A dropdown will appear to add or remove team members.
4. Click the description of a task.
- A text box will appear to add a description.
- If the description column is not visible, refer to the Adding New Sortable Columns article.