Create New Filter Views on the Task List
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Create New Filter Views using only the Task List
Filter views allow for fast and easy navigation of the task list to better find the work you need and make your work process more efficient. To get started, navigate to the Task List in Canopy.
1. Select a Filter View from the Tasks Navigation bar.
2. Click on a column to apply a filter to that column. Refer to the Filter the task list article for help.
3. After all desired filters have been applied, click Save filter.
4. Select Save as new filter view.
- If additional columns are needed on the new filter view, follow the Change Visible Columns guide in the Filter the Task List article after saving.
Create a Copy of an Existing Filter View
Creating a copy of an existing filter view allows users to bring previously created filters to a new filter view to edit without affecting the original filter view. Filter views allow for fast navigation of the task list making it easier to find needed tasks on demand. To get started, click Tasks on the global navigation bar.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create, Edit, and Assign Work; Generic Tasks
1. Click on Tasks List on the slide-in menu.
2. Click on the Options menu in the top-right corner.
3. Choose Customize Task List from the popout menu.
4. Select Reorder filter views from the left-side column.
5. Click on the Options menu in-line with a desired filter view.
6. Select Copy from the pop-out menu.
7. Click on the Options menu in-line with the copied filter view from step 6.
8. Click Rename from the pop-out menu.
9. Input a new name for the filter view.
10. Click Save.
11. Click Save and close.
- The Task List will show the new Filter View. You can select a filter view by clicking a tab on the top of the Task List.