Filter and Group the Contacts List
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
The contact list can be filtered by Active status, Full Name, Contact Type, Birthday, Created On, Business Type, Tags, or Custom Fields. After creating various filter, you can save the filters and save your tag filters to a group to make finding specific clients even easier. To get started, click Contacts on the global navigation bar.
- Permissions: Access to the contacts, Tags (if filtering tags)
1. Choose Contact List on the slide-in panel.
2. Select an option to filter by from the filter column on the left.
|Active Status||Specify whether to filter by active or inactive contacts.
|Contact Full Name||Filter by a contact name. Best for finding specific clients or families.
|Display Name||Filter by a contact's display name.|
|Contact Type||Filter by whether a contact is or is not a Client, Prospect, or Other, contact type.|
|Birthday||Specify a Birth Date or Date Range to filter contacts by birth date.|
|Created On||Specify a Date or Date Range to filter contacts by according to the date they were created in Canopy.|
|Business Type||Filter by whether a client is or is not a specified business type.
|Tags||Filter by whether a contact is or is not a specified Tag.
|Custom Fields||Filter by contacts that contain a specified custom field.|
- Each filter option will provide different filtering options. This guide will create a filter group using the Tags and Custom Fields options as an example.
- If the Filter Column is not visible, you may need to click Add Filter.
3. Select from the available options for your chosen filter type.
- Each filter option will have different values to select from.