If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Release Notes for January 2022
These release notes are updated real time to give you an overview on Canopy's latest feature releases and bug fixes.
What's New for Practice Management
QBO Integration Enhancement
Description: We have added the option to specify whether to sync Active, Inactive, or All Contacts when going through the integration sync process. This distinction will provide greater control over which contacts are pulled into Canopy.
Print and Download Fillable PDFs
Description: We've added some additional enhancements to our recent Fillable PDFs release. Users can now print or download fillable PDFs and all of their inputted changes will appear on the printed or downloaded file.
Show Display Names on the Client Portal
Description: Following our display name release in November, we have now added the option to show display names on the client portal. When enabled, your clients will see their display name while using the client portal instead of their legal name. This option allows accountants to serve more diverse groups of people by accommodating a client's preferred name or their nickname in your interactions. The legal name will still be stored in Canopy and used for all legal documents. Clients who do not have a display name will continue to see their first and last name in the client portal.
What's New for Canopy Mobile
Canopy Mobile App iOS v1.14.3
- Bug fixes: We fixed some authentication issues when logging into the app.
Client Portal App iOS v1.7.2 and Android v1.7.1
- Bug fixes: We fixed some network related crashes as well as some authentication issues when logging into the app.
Client Portal App 1.7.0
Fillable PDF Support: Your clients can now complete fillable PDF documents from anywhere they have access to their phones. All changes made on the Client Portal mobile app will sync automatically between the mobile and web apps.
- Help Article: Complete a Fillable PDF on Mobile (Client Portal Site)
- Improved Push Notifications: We've made some improvements to push notifications. One change you might notice is that push notification will now show while the client portal app is open.
- Pre-filled KBA info: All KBA info except for SSNs will now pre-fill on the client portal app to save users time.
- Various Bug and Crash Fixes: Our team has been working hard to improve the app's stability by fixing a collection of bugs and crashes.
Canopy Mobile App iOS v1.14.1 and Android v1.14.2
Fillable PDF Support: Practitioners can now view and complete fillable PDFs straight from their phones using the Canopy Mobile app.
- Help Article: Complete a Fillable PDF on Mobile
- Various Bug Fixes and Optimizations