If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Training Video Library
- Support Guides
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for Your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Getting Started with Canopy
- Canopy Updates
Release Notes for September2021
These release notes are meant to give an overview of new features and/or enhancements launched in the month of September.
What's New for Practice Management
Dates on the Task List
Description: We've released a small enhancement to the task list that promises to have big returns. You can now add dates to tasks while on the task list. Rather than opening a task to edit the date, you can click the in-line "-" in the date column and add a date using the pop-out date picker.
We've also released the ability to add Start dates to a task. Now, when you create a task, you will see the option to add a start date to a task, allowing you to create a task for a future event.
Staff Productivity Report
Description: We've released a new report called the Staff Productivity Report. This report is meant to help you visualize your staff's productivity by tracking how many of their hours are billable hours and how many of those billable hours are actually being billed.
What's New for Tax Resolution
Transcripts on the Global Add Button
Description: You can now create a transcript request straight from the global add button. This enhancement will make sending transcripts requests faster and easier.
What's New for Canopy
Client Portal 2.0
Description: We've updated our best-in-class Client Portal to provide an even greater experience for your clients. The new portal is simpler, more intuitive, and fully responsive. If they aren't already on the Client Portal mobile app, your clients can now use the website on their mobile browser and the responsive layout will shrink to make their experience easier. No more pinching and zooming and searching for right button.
Revamped Knowledge Base
Description: We’ve been working hard to improve your experience using our knowledge base and recently launched a new platform. As you can see, the site is a lot cleaner and more attractive. But we also implemented some great new features to improve usability.
- Search that works: The old search sucked. It produced hundreds of results, many irrelevant, and rarely showed what you were looking for. The new search updates in real time, recognizes misspelled words, and learns which articles are most relevant to certain search terms. Go on, find what you’re looking for.
- Article Ratings: Is an article not as helpful as you’d like it to be? Let us know! Each article now has a rating system at the bottom so we can better learn how to provide information that works for you.
- Provide your feedback: We’re excited to collaborate with you. Going forward, you can submit feedback by following the link on the bottom of each article. In addition, if you find outdated information or feel something is hard to follow, highlight the text and submit feedback for your selection. Let us know how to be more helpful to you.
- Something missing?: If ever you feel we’re missing an article on something, feel free to click Article Request in the top-right corner and submit a new article request. We’re happy to add it to our radar.
Brand Agnostic Knowledge Base for your Customers
Description: In tandem with our knowledge base overhaul, we created a new, brand-agnostic site that you can send your clients to. We know that your brand comes first, so we wanted to provide a support solution for your clients that doesn't scream Canopy. Going forward, you can send your clients to https://help.clientportal.com.