If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Release Notes July 2019
These release notes are meant to give an overview of new features and/or enhancements launched in the month of July.
What's New for Canopy
Custom Fields in the Contact Import
Description: Custom fields have been incorporated into the contact import process. Select already existing custom fields or create a new one when mapping attributes on the Import screen.
Canopy Mobile Enhancements
Description: Canopy Mobile 1.3.0 enhancements include:
- Support to view or edit custom fields on contacts.
- Ability for practitioners to use third-party call or text apps for Android users (Google Voice, Ring Central, Line2, etc.) to communicate with clients.
- Caller ID function for iOS users to know when your clients call or text.
- A review prompt feature that will request feedback and/or review.
What's New for Practice Management
Practitioner Payment Storage
- License: Any
- Permissions: Billing
Description: Credit cards and bank account information can now be stored in Payment Settings.
What's New for Tax Prep
Adding New Contacts from a Tax Return
Description: The latest update to Canopy's Tax Preparation tool includes the following enhancements:
- Assignees will be notified when a tax return has been accepted, rejected, or encountered a processing issue.
- Practitioners will get an email stating that the client has completed all required signatures.