If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Adding a Connection
You can add and edit client connections from within the Canopy Mobile application. To get started, navigate to the contact whose connections you wish to manage.
1. Tap the options menu in the top right corner.
2. Choose Add a connection from the slide-in panel.
3. Select the type of contact required for the new connection.
- If the connection is not already listed as a contact in Canopy, choose New contact.
- If the connection is already listed as a contact in Canopy, choose Existing contact.
- Search for the existing contact and select a Relationship type.
- Tap Add Connection.
4. Specify whether the new connection is a business or an individual.
5. Fill out the applicable information fields:
- For Individuals, information fields include: First name, Last name, Relationship, Phone number, and Email.
- For Businesses, information fields include: Company name, Relationship, Phone number, and Email.
6. In the Relationship field, select from any of the pre-made relationships, or enter a Custom relationship.
- Business connections must have a Custom relationship created for them.
7. With all necessary fields completed, tap Add connection to add the new connection to the parent contact.
Editing a Connection
1. Navigate to the primary contact whose connections require editing.
2. Tap the Connections tab.
3. Click on the options menu in-line with the applicable pre-associated connection.
4. Tap Edit relationship to edit the connection.
5. Make any necessary changes to the connection and click Save.
Marking a Connection as Active or Inactive
To mark a connection as active or inactive, you must navigate to the relevant contact's Edit Profile screen. To get started, navigate a parent contact in Canopy.
- Manage Active/Inactive Contacts
1. Tap the Connections tab.
2. Tap on the Connection you wish to change to active or inactive.
3. Tap the Options menu in the contact profile.
4. Tap Edit contact.
5. Toggle the Add this user as an active contact switch.
- If the toggle is Blue, the connection will be included as an Active contact in Canopy and will count against your allotted contact balance.
- Active contacts are allowed full access to the client portal.
- If the toggle is Grey, the connection will be marked as an Inactivecontact in Canopy and will not count against your allotted contact balance.
- Inactive contacts do not have access to the client portal.