Use Notice Templates
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Notice templates allow Canopy users to use pre-made templates to send notices to clients. These templates are meant to help streamline your workflow and erase the tedium of completing multiple, routine tasks for each notice you need to send out. To get started with notice templates, click on Templates on the global navigation bar.
1. Choose Notice from the slide-in menu.
Viewing Notice Templates
All users can view any of Canopy's pre-made notice templates. In addition, all Canopy users are able to view and use the notice templates of their other firm partners.
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Notice Templates
1. Search for a notice template in the search bar or select an applicable template from the list.
2. Click on the Options menu in-line with a notice template.
3. Choose View to view the template structure in a new window.
4. If the notice suits your needs, proceed to the Creating a Notice article to send the notice template to a client.
Customizing and editing a Notice Template
Canopy's notice templates can be customized to better suit your firm's needs. Once a notice template has been customized, the customized template will overwrite the original Canopy template. Only Admin users will be able to restore customized templates to their original form. To customize a template, navigate to the Notice Templates page in Canopy.
Permissions: Notice Templates
- Admin users: Admin users can customize or edit any template in Canopy.
- Basic users: Basic users can only customize unedited templates or templates that they have edited previously.
1. Click the Options menu in-line with a relevant, unedited notice template.
2. Choose Customize from the options menu.
- If Customize is not available, ensure that the template is unedited and that you have Admin permissions.
- If the template has already been customized, choose Edit to change and template customizations.
3. Add a task to the template by clicking Add a task on the bottom.
- To delete a task from the template, click the trash icon in-line with a relevant task.
4. Add a file to a task by clicking Add File.
5. Add a task requirement by clicking the This task also requires dropdown menu.
- Task requirements will require users to complete certain requirements when completing a Notice.
- Choose Add a file to require users to add a file to complete the notice task.
- Choose Pulling a transcript to require users to pull a transcript to complete the notice task.
- Choose Adding a note to require users to add a note to complete the notice task.
6. To save template customizations, click Save.
Restoring Notice Templates
Customized notice templates can easily be restored to their original pre-set status. To get started. navigate to the Notice Templates page in Canopy.
Permissions: Notice Templates
- Admin users: Admin users can restore any templates in Canopy.
- Basic users: Basic users can only restore templates that they have previously customized.
1. Click on the Options Menu in-line with an edited notice template.
2. Choose Restore to original.
- If Restore to original is not available, ensure that you have selected an edited template and that you have Admin permissions.