Create a Notice
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Adding a new Notice in Canopy is simple. Notices can be added by using the global add icon in Canopy.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create, Edit, and Assign Work
Adding a Notice from the Global Add Button
You can add a notice for any contact in Canopy without disrupting the rest of your work.
1. Click on the Global Add Button.
2. Choose Notice on the slide-in menu.
3. Click the Contact field.
- If needed, type a search for a Contact in the search bar.
- Select a contact.
4. Click the Notice Type field.
- If needed, type a search for a Notice Template in the search bar.
- To edit a notice template, refer to the Using Notice Templates article.
- Select the applicable option.
5. Click the Assignee(s) field.
- Type a search for the team member you wish to assign to this notice.
- Select the applicable name.
- Click Done.
6. Click the Due Date field.
- Select a date from the calendar.
- You will not be able to add the notice until you select a Due Date.
7. Click Add Notice.
- The Notice will display on the Tasks list and in the Tasks tab of the contact's profile.