Merge Files to a New PDF
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of ContentsInfo1. Select the Files you want to merge.2. With the relevant files selected, Right Click on one of the files to open a popup window.3. Select Combine Files from the popup window.4. Enter a File Name for the combined file.5. Move files around to change their location on the combined file.6. Select whether to Archive the original files or Keep the original files.7. Click Next.8. Choose where to save the combined file.9. Click Combine and save.
Multiple files of different formats can be merged and converted to a single PDF with just a few quick clicks in Canopy. Files can be merged from anywhere you store files in Canopy. To get started, navigate to where you have stored the files to be merged. You can choose between My Files, Contact Files, Internal Files, or the Files tab on an individual contact's profile.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Edit Files
This feature is only available to users of Canopy's Professional package. Please contact your AE to upgrade.
1. Select the Files you want to merge.
- Hold Shift and Click to select all of the files between your first and second click.
- Hold Control and Click to select multiple, non-sequential files.
2. With the relevant files selected, Right Click on one of the files to open a popup window.
3. Select Combine Files from the popup window.
- One or two boxes will appear. If a file is unable to be combined, it will show up in a second box titled Files that can't be combined.
4. Enter a File Name for the combined file.
5. Move files around to change their location on the combined file.
6. Select whether to Archive the original files or Keep the original files.
7. Click Next.
8. Choose where to save the combined file.
- You can create new folders, as needed, by clicking the Add Folder icon.