Using Contact Import Templates
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Importing contacts into Canopy requires using a csv file with specific headings.
Use the templates attached to this article to make sure your csv file has all the correct headings and details. This will make for a seamless import process. Please note that while any user can access previously created contact import templates, only the creator or admin users can edit existing templates.
1. Click on the Canopy_Import_Template_Criteria file.
- This file will instruct you on what details to include for each column heading. For example: For the Contact Owner column, you will need to be sure you enter a valid team member email.
2. Click on the Canopy_Import_Examples file.
- This file will show you an example entry for a contact import csv.