Set Default Invoice Settings
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of Contents1. Select Billing Settings from the left-side column.2. Click on the Invoice tab.3. Choose whether to show line items as Grouped or Separated.4. Check each Column you want to display on your invoices.5. Select the default Payment Terms.6. Select whether to show Terms and Conditions on your invoices.7. Click Save changes.
Many of the Invoice default settings can be customized in Canopy to speed up your invoicing process by eliminating the repetition of setting up the perfect invoice. To get started, navigate to your Settings in Canopy.
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Settings; Billing and Payments
1. Select Billing Settings from the left-side column.
2. Click on the Invoice tab.
3. Choose whether to show line items as Grouped or Separated.
- Grouped: All time entries will be grouped together as a single invoice item. A single description will be added to the grouped service item.
- Separated: All time entries are listed as separate line items on the invoice. Individual descriptions for each time entry will be included on the invoice.
4. Check each Column you want to display on your invoices.
5. Select the default Payment Terms.
- Options include: Due on receipt, Net 10, Net 15, Net 30, Net 45, Net 60, and Custom.
- Net options will set the payment due date to the selected number of days after the invoice date.
6. Select whether to show Terms and Conditions on your invoices.
- Type your Terms and Conditions into the provided text box.