Create a Billing Credit
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Training Video Library
- Support Guides
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for Your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Getting Started with Canopy
- Canopy Updates
Before a billing credit can be added to an invoice, you must create the credit on the credits dashboard. Canopy's Credits feature allows you to credit a client's account. Typically, this feature is used when you wish to run a promotional offer of some sort. To get started, click Billing on the global navigation bar.
1. Choose Credits from the slide-in menu to open the Credits Dashboard.
2. Click Add credit.
3. Select a client using the Client Name box.
4. Select a Date.
- The date will default to the current day.
5. Complete the credit information. Fields will be automatically filled according to your defined Service Item. Relevant fields include:
- Service: Name of the credit.
- Description: Description of the credit.
- Quantity: Number of credits.
- Rate: Amount to be credited.
6. Add a note to the Client Notes box.
7. Input any terms and conditions related to the credit.
8. Click Save credit.
- The credit will be added to your Credits Dashboard.