Notices | FAQ
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Training Video Library
- Support Guides
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for Your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Getting Started with Canopy
- Canopy Updates
This is a list of our most frequently asked questions regarding Notices in Canopy.
What is a Notice?
The IRS sends notices and letters for the following reasons:
- A balance is due.
- You are due a larger or smaller refund.
- The IRS has a question about your tax return.
- The IRS needs to verify your identity.
- The IRS needs additional information.
- The IRS changed the return.
- The IRS is notifying you of delays in processing your return.
- Refer to Creating a Notice for more information.
Does my client need a copy of the notice?
It is important to keep a copy of all notices or letters. The client may need these documents at a later date.
Can I respond to the IRS through Canopy?
Although the Notice workflow provides the IRS response letter templates and any necessary forms, you will need to fax or mail the information to the IRS.