Contacts | FAQ
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of ContentsCan Contacts be switched from individual to business or business to individual? Can duplicate contacts be merged?Can contacts be archived and made active once they are neededCan contacts have more than one portal associated with their email
Can Contacts be switched from individual to business or business to individual?
- Not at at this time. The contact would need to be recreated.
Can duplicate contacts be merged?
If the contact was manually entered twice creating the duplicate, the duplicate will need to be deleted manually.
- If you find that duplicate contacts have information stored in both profiles such as files, the files will need to be downloaded and re-uploaded to the contact that will be used.
If the contacts were brought in through an import, a notification is triggered about duplicate contacts and will give you the option to go through the 'merge module'
- In order for Canopy to recognize that two contact records are the same, they must have one of the following combinations of identical information from an import. If one of these combinations are not present, then Canopy will not recognize them as duplicates and won't ask to merge them.
- Name & TIN
- Name & Birthday
- TIN & Phone
- TIN & Email
- TIN & Birthday
- TIN & Street Address & (city | zip)
- Phone & Birthday, Email & Birthday
Can contacts be archived and made active once they are needed
Yes, they can be archived and made active once they are needed back in the contact list
- All information will stay with the archived contact ie. Files, notes etc and come back when they are brought into the active list
Can contacts have more than one portal associated with their email
Yes, the client can be invited to multiple portals with one email address giving the option to toggle between which portal they would like to be in