Generate Engagement Letters
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
The letter generator feature in Canopy helps you quickly create the letters you use in your practice, including Engagement Letters, Transmittal Letters, IRS responses, Proposals, and more. You can create letter templates, reusable paragraphs, or start a letter from scratch. You are also able to quickly populate vital client information into the letter with the click of a button. Canopy has a pre-made Individual Engagement Letter template available for download and use. Alternatively, follow the steps below to create your own engagement letter.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Engagements
Generating an Engagement Letter in Canopy
To send an engagement letter to your client, you will need to first create an Engagement for them. Once an engagement has been created, you will be able to generate letters for this client. To get started, click on Tasks on the global navigation bar.
1. Choose Engagements from the slide-in menu.
2. Select an Engagement.
- For more information on creating a new engagement, refer to the Creating an Engagement article.
3. Click Letters, located in the sidebar.
4. Click Create a New Letter.
5. Select a letter template from the Create a New Letter window, or click Blank Letter to start a new letter from scratch.
6. The toolbar across the top of the Engagement Letter screen helps you format the letter according to your needs.
- Click the Image icon in the toolbar to add an image of your letterhead or signature from your computer.
- Click the Print icon to print the letter.
- Click the Signature icon to add signature fields to your letter.
- For more information about signature fields, refer to the eSign request articles.
7. Click the Insert Text icon to add either a Boilerplate Text or Attribute.
- These fields will automatically update with the correct information related to the the contact.
8. When finished writing the letter, click Send to:.
9. To save this letter in the client’s files, click Contact Files.
10. To send the letter directly to a client’s email, such as when you are requesting their signature, click Client Request.
- Enter a Due Date, Reminder, and a message to your client.
- Click Send now.