Create an engagement
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of Contents1. Click on a Contact.2. Click Create an Engagement from the Home tab.3. Type in an Engagement Name and Description.4. Select an appropriate response under Is this engagement for an individual taxpayer?5. Select a Due Date.6. Click the toggle switch for each service you will offer for this engagement.7. Click Create Engagement.
Creating an engagement from the Contact Profile enables you to generate forms, send your client the Client Survey, send engagement letters, and complete other functions relating to your client’s tax resolution case. To get started, click Contacts on the global navigation bar and choose Contact list.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Engagements
1. Click on a Contact.
- The Client Profile will load.
2. Click Create an Engagement from the Home tab.
- A window titled "Engagement Details" will load.
3. Type in an Engagement Name and Description.
4. Select an appropriate response under Is this engagement for an individual taxpayer?
- If the client’s case requires both individual and business forms, you will need to create both types of engagements.
- An answer may be already selected according to the contact’s information entered in Canopy.
- For users with a Tax Resolution license:
- By creating an individual engagement, Canopy will generate 433-A collection survey and related IRS forms (433-A, 433-A (OIC), 2848, 656).
- By creating a business engagement, Canopy will generate the 433-B collection survey and related IRS forms (433-B, 433-B (OIC), 2848, and 6556).
5. Select a Due Date.
6. Click the toggle switch for each service you will offer for this engagement.
- Services activated will be set to green.
7. Click Create Engagement.
- The Engagement screen will load.
- You can navigate through different steps or forms in the engagement from the column on the left side of the screen.
- Guidance on how to create custom services that would display on this list can be found in the Creating Custom Service Templates article.