Create a Letter Template
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Letter templates make it easy to save commonly sent letters and use them whenever you send engagements to your firm's clients. To get started, click on Templates on the global navigation bar.
1. Choose Letter on the slide-in menu.
2. Click Create new letter template.
- If you have never saved a letter template before, click Add Your First Template.
3. Type a title for your template in the Name Your Template field.
- For more guidance creating your letter, refer to the Generate Engagement Letters article.
4. Click Save Template.
- The letter generator will load.
5. Use the editing tools to create and format your letter as needed.
6. Add boilerplate text by clicking Insert boilerplate text.
7. Add merge fields to the letter by clicking Insert merge field.
- Merge fields will automatically update to match the information for each specific letter.