Setup your Desktop Assistant Scanner
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
The desktop assistant supports scanning documents directly into Canopy. The process outlined here relates to the Fujitsu Scansnap xI1500 scanner. Depending on your scanner, the software installation process may be different. To get started, navigate to your scanner's software website.
1. Select your scanner model and operating system to download the correct software setup application.
2. Once downloaded, launch the setup application.
3. Click Install and follow the installation instructions.
4. Select your scanner and plug the scanner into your computer to finish the software installation.
- Once the software is successfully installed, you will still need to connect the scanner software to the Canopy desktop assistant.
Connect the Scanner Software to the Canopy Desktop Assistant
After installing your scanner's software, you will need to configure the software to save scanned files to the Canopy desktop assistant. The process outlined here relates to the Fujitsu Scansnap xI1500 scanner. Depending on your scanner, the process to save scanned files to the desktop assistant may be different. To get started, open your scanner's software application.
1. Click Scan on the software home screen.
2. Click the Add Profiles icon in the top right corner.
3. Select Scan to Folder in the left column.
4. Input a Profile name or keep the name Scan to Folder.
5. Ensure that the Save to field box is pointed towards the Canopy desktop assistant folder.
- Click Browse to change the folder.
- Choose the Scan to Canopy option.
- Click Select Folder.
6. Change the Send to field to None (Scan to file).
- A popup window will appear asking if you want to continue. Click Yes.
7. Click Add.
- Your Scan to Folder profile should be visible from the scanner home screen.
Scan to the Desktop Assistant
To scan to the desktop assistant, you must first configure your scanner software to work with Canopy. Once configured, ensure that the scanner is connected to your computer. The process outlined here relates specifically to the Fujitsu ScanSnap xI1500 scanner. Your process may differ depending on your scanner.
1. Select the Canopy Desktop assistant profile that you created.
2. Press Scan on your scanner.
- The desktop assistant will provide a popup window.
3. Fill out the required fields in the popup window:
- Input a file name.
- Search for and select a Contact for the file to be uploaded to.
- Choose or create a folder destination for the file.
4. Click Upload.
- The scanned file will be uploaded to the specified contact folder.
5. To view the uploaded file in Canopy, click on the desktop assistant icon in your application tray.
6. Click the View in Canopy text, in-line with your scanned file.
- The file will open inside the Canopy app on your default web browser.