Manage Marketing Sources
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Training Video Library
- Support Guides
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for Your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Getting Started with Canopy
- Canopy Updates
Marketing sources help you determine what marketing avenues are bringing clients to your firm. This section will help you add marketing sources to your account settings in Canopy, assign a marketing source to a contact, and view a report of any client referrals logged in the system. To get started, click on your Profile on the global navigation bar.
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Custom Fields
1. Choose Settings on the pop-out menu.
2. Click Custom Fields.
3. Click the Source field.
4. Click Add an option.
- If needed, type any edits into the existing fields.
5. Type an option name in the Name new option field.
6. Click Done to close the pop-up window.
Assigning a Marketing Source to a Contact
You can easily assign a marketing source to a contact from the Client Profile. To get started, click on a Contact in Canopy.
1. Click the Edit icon in the About section on the left side of the Client Record.
- The Edit icon will appear when you hover over the About section.
2. Click on the Source drop-down menu.
3. Select a listed marketing source.
- When adding a referral:
- Select Referral from the Source drop-down menu.
- Search for a contact by typing their name in the Referral field.
4. Click Update to save your changes.
Viewing the Referral Report
You can view a report of top referrals in the Edit Source window. The Referral report will display a count of how many referrals the contact has provided. To get started, navigate to the Custom Fields settings page.