Remove the Billing Tab on the Client Portal
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Although the billing tab is an extremely valuable tool for streamlining your workflow, some users (particularly those without Canopy Payments) may wish to remove the Billing Tab from the client portal. Removing the billing tab will remove all invoice and payment options from your client's portal, allowing you to send clients to a different billing solution to complete payments and view invoices. If you would like to sign up for Canopy Payments instead, please refer to our help article to Enroll in Canopy Payments. To get started, navigate to your Settings in Canopy.
- Roles: Admin
- Permissions: Custom Branding
1. Select Custom Branding on the side column.
2. Locate the Remove Billing Tab from Client Portal toggle.
3. Switch the toggle to Green (On) to remove the billing tab from the client portal.
- When the toggle is Green, clients will not be able to view invoices or make payments in the client portal.
- You can switch the toggle to Grey (off) to restore the billing tab to the client portal.
- When the toggle is Grey, clients will be able to view and make payments towards invoices in the client portal.