Add a relative date to tasks
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of Contents1. Click the Global Add Icon on the global navigation bar.2. Choose Create task.3. Click Select a date in the Due date field.4. Choose Relative date.5. Select a time interval.6. Input a number in the text field.7. Specify if this date is Before or After the event trigger.8. Choose Date or Status Change Event for the event trigger type.9. After selecting Status Change Event:10. After selecting Date:11. Click Add Relative Date.
There are two date types that can be created in Canopy: a relative date or a fixed date. A relative date is a date that will initialize once an event has been triggered by the criterion set in the option fields.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create, Edit, and Assign Work; Generic Tasks
1. Click the Global Add Icon on the global navigation bar.
- A panel will slide in from the left.
2. Choose Create task.
- Alternatively, you can navigate to the Tasks Dashboard and select a task to edit.
3. Click Select a date in the Due date field.
4. Choose Relative date.
5. Select a time interval.
- Example: Days, Weeks, Months, Years.
6. Input a number in the text field.
7. Specify if this date is Before or After the event trigger.
8. Choose Date or Status Change Event for the event trigger type.
- Selecting Status Change Event will trigger the relative date based on when the task changes status.
- Status Change Event will only be available if you selected After in the previous step.
- Two more drop-down menus will load in relation to the selection you make.
9. After selecting Status Change Event:
- Select the Task or Subtask title which will have a change in status.
- Select the Status that should trigger this relative date.
10. After selecting Date:
- Select the Taskor Subtask title that already has a date associated.
- You can also default to selecting the Parent Task.
- Click the Select Task Datedrop-down to select a date already created within the task.
- You can also click Date Task is Created if you wish to measure a due date or start date from the time the task was initially created in Canopy.