Use the Comments Inbox
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Training Video Library
- Support Guides
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for Your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Getting Started with Canopy
- Canopy Updates
The comments inbox offers a global view of all comment feeds you have access to. It can be thought of as an email inbox, but for comments. In the comments inbox, you can select a comment feed, comment on an email, react to a comment, manage a comment feed's team members, and search and filter to quickly find relevant comment feeds. For more detailed instructions regarding actions you can take on a comment feed, please find the relevant article in the comments inbox folder.
1. Click on Inbox on the global navigation bar.
2. Click on the Comments tab to open the comments inbox.
3. Select a comment feed from the list.
- Each comment feed shows a preview of the most recent comment, the commenter's name and profile picture, the date of the most recent comment, and the client and email account associated with the comment feed.
4. Input a search for a comment feed using the provided search bar.
- Searches will look through the text of comments. To find a comment based on the associated client, team member, date, or email, use the filter function noted in step 6.
5. Click on the Sort icon to sort comments from Oldest to newest or Newest to oldest.
6. Click on the Filter icon to filter comments by Date, Contact, Team Member, or Email Account.
- Using the provided date boxes, select a start date or end date to filter comments to the specified timeframe.
- Search for a Contact to filter by in the Search for Contacts box.
- Search for a Team Member to filter by in the Search for team members or teams box.
- Select an email account to filter comments associated only with the selected email.
7. Click Save to apply the filters.
- Notice: In order to reset the filters you'll need to open the filter modal again and click Reset filters.
Send Files and Images in Comments
If needed, attach and send files and images on a comment thread from the email or comments inbox! For this walk-through, navigate to the Comment inbox in Canopy.
1. Sending files
- Under the text box, click the paperclip icon to select a new or existing file.
- Once you have attached the file, press the airplane icon to send.
- A sent file looks like this in the thread:
- Click on the hyperlinked file in the thread to open the attachment!
2. Sending images
- Click the image icon to pull up your file explorer.
- Once the desired image is selected, click the airplane icon to send.
- The image will appear in the comments thread so long as the arrow is clicked next to the image title. Simply click the arrow again to hide the image!