Comment on an Email
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Training Video Library
- Support Guides
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for Your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Getting Started with Canopy
- Canopy Updates
Internal comment feeds can be shown on any email received in the global inbox. These feeds provide a place for you to communicate with team members, attach files, set up reminders, and coordinate on the work that needs to be completed for a client. Comments made on an email are also visible on the comments tab of the global inbox. This article will show you how to leave a comment on an email and how to mention a team member in the conversation. To get started, click on Inbox on the global navigation bar.
Add a Comment to an Email
1. Select an email you wish to comment on.
2. Click on the comments tab.
- To open the comments feed, you can click directly on the Comments icon, or you can click anywhere on the associated tab located to the right of the email.
3. Input your comment in the provided text box.
4. To mention a team member (sometimes referred to as tagging a team member or adding a team member to the conversation) type an @ sign and begin to type the team member's name.
- Select a team member from the popup menu.
- You can either click on the team member, or use your arrow keys to select the team member and press enter/return on your keyboard.
5. If needed, check the Mark Urgent checkbox.
- Marking a comment as urgent will add a red exclamation mark to the comment in the comment feed.
- All team members associated with the urgent comment will receive their preferred notification to tell them that an urgent comment was left on an email's comment feed.