Activate a Collections Case
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Collections cases must be activated in order to be completed. Once activated, a collections case will count against your case allotment. You can purchase additional collections cases at any time in your Account Management settings. To activate a collections case, first navigate to the Engagement Workspace of a relevant collections case Engagement in Canopy.
1. Click Forms on the Engagement Workspace sidebar.
2. Open the Federal folder.
3. Open a relevant folder.
- Practice Management Only users will only see the Administrative folders. Tax Resolution users can see all available folders.
4. Select a relevant form.
5. Fill out all necessary information for the form.
6. Click View Tax Form.
7. Click Activate case.
- If you do not have any remaining cases, a notice will pop up to prompt you to purchase more collections cases.
- You cannot Save, Print, or Download collections forms until a the collections case is activated.
- You can see your remaining cases next to the Activate case button.
8. Click Proceed on the confirmation popup.
- The case will be activated and you will be able to Save, Print, or Download the collections form.
- Your Remaining cases balance will update to reflect the activated case.