Activate a Collections Case
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of ContentsWarning1. Click Forms on the Engagement Workspace sidebar.2. Open the Federal folder.3. Open a relevant folder.4. Select a relevant form.5. Fill out all necessary information for the form.6. Click View Tax Form.7. Click Activate case.8. Click Proceed on the confirmation popup.
Collections cases must be activated in order to be completed. Once activated, a collections case will count against your case allotment. You can purchase additional collections cases at any time in your Account Management settings. To activate a collections case, first navigate to the Engagement Workspace of a relevant collections case Engagement in Canopy.
1. Click Forms on the Engagement Workspace sidebar.
2. Open the Federal folder.
3. Open a relevant folder.
- Practice Management Only users will only see the Administrative folders. Tax Resolution users can see all available folders.
4. Select a relevant form.
5. Fill out all necessary information for the form.
6. Click View Tax Form.
7. Click Activate case.
- If you do not have any remaining cases, a notice will pop up to prompt you to purchase more collections cases.
- You cannot Save, Print, or Download collections forms until a the collections case is activated.
- You can see your remaining cases next to the Activate case button.
8. Click Proceed on the confirmation popup.
- The case will be activated and you will be able to Save, Print, or Download the collections form.
- Your Remaining cases balance will update to reflect the activated case.