28 October 2020
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Canopy First Look is an exciting, customer-focused webinar designed to give our users an inside look at Canopy’s latest features as well as sneak peeks of the future-state Canopy’s team is building.
Empower your team to connect with your clients using Canopy’s client management tools. Managing client files and tracking time have never been simpler.
Time and Billing
- Billable Toggle & Improved Time Entry
- Goal: Allow users to explicitly mark a time entry as billable or non-billable. This sets the stage for all of the WIP Billing and reporting that we have on the docket.
- In the future: In the coming months, we expect to introduce an invoicing flow that will allow users to see the total time that has not yet been billed (WIP) and then pull that time onto an invoice and relieve WIP. With this we plan on introducing a more customizable invoice, specifically allowing line items to be rolled up into a single line item.
- Coming Soon: Mobile Time Tracking
- Goal: Allow practitioners to track time when they are away from the office
- In the future: We’ll add notifications to close out timers at the end of the day and the ability to assign timers to invoices
- Goal: Apply and manage file annotations in Canopy without having to use external tools.
- In the future: Adding more custom annotation tools to support complex workflows.
- In-app Self Service Tools
- Goal: Designed to make managing subscriptions easy without requiring users to call support by allowing in-app purchases to expand the firm.
- In the future: Firms will be able to upgrade from their current plans and purchase other services through the app.
We understand you need features that will enable you to manage your firm in the most efficient way possible. Canopy is excited to introduce a sneak peek to the new Activity Log, enabling you to track events that occur within Canopy associated with specific team members.
- Coming Soon: Activity Log
- Goal: Help practitioners not have anything that falls through the cracks, hold their employees accountable, have a safety net for the work they’ve done, provide more tools for support.
- In the future: We will be adding additional events such as changes to contacts and other events happening inside of Canopy.
Empower your team to connect with your clients using Canopy’s client management tools. Resolving Notices has been made all the simpler by making key forms like the 8821 and 2848 easier to edit.
- Notices Form Generator and Editor
- Goal: Forms like the 8821 and 2848 are super easy to edit and prepare by simply creating a notice. The forms will be populated with information from the contact record and client survey. Quickly review the form for errors and send it off to the client. All this can be accomplished without creating an engagement.