12 January 2021
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Canopy First Look is an exciting, customer-focused webinar designed to give our users an inside look at Canopy’s latest features as well as sneak peeks of the future-state Canopy’s team is building.
Canopy Professional Features
Goal: Allow users to streamline the process of updating files in Canopy.
- Canopy's Desktop Assistant will show all files that are currently being edited in the Open Editswindow.
- While files are being edited, they will appear as Locked on the Canopy app. This prevents other users from accessing the file while it is being edited.
- Files are downloaded and edited in your default system program.
- Once saved and closed, your edited file is re-uploaded to the Canopy app and replaces the previous version of the file.
Custom Roles and Permissions
Goal: Allow users to create custom roles that restrict or allow access to features within Canopy.
- Canopy's Pro users can create custom roles and tailor the permissions given to each role.
- Canopy's free and standard users will be able to choose between six (6) pre-made roles with pre-set conditions.
- Almost every feature in Canopy can now be allowed or restricted based on each team member's assigned role.
2020 Tax Organizer
Goal: Collect tax information with a digital organizer updated for 2020.
- Canopy's Tax Organizer has been updated to to include the 2020 tax year.
- We have included an additional section for Economic Impact Payments to help you navigate any stimulus and relief payments received during the 2020 tax year.
New and Upcoming Canopy Features
Quick Books Online Beta Integration
Goal: Sync contacts from QBO to Canopy. No need to double enter in new contacts or updates to contacts. Creating new contacts and updating existing contacts will be reflected in QBO.
- Canopy's first iteration of the Quick Books Online Integration includes a contact sync. Once Quick Books Online is connected to your Canopy profile, all of your Canopy contacts will sync with Quick Books.
- When a new contact is created in Canopy, that contact will automatically be synced with Quick Books.
- Future iterations of our Quick Books Online Integration will include invoice sync and payments sync.
- If you want to participate in Canopy's Beta testing of QBO, please contact Canopy's support team: firstname.lastname@example.org
WIP & Customizable Invoices
Goal: Enable users to generate a report of unbilled time to easily locate time entries and generate an invoice from them. Users will now be able to directly attribute revenue to time worked.
Canopy users can customize invoices to fit their needs. Add specific services and time entries to an invoice, select what information is shown to clients, or combine all billing information into a customized, single-line entry.
Generate reports of unbilled time entries to quickly visualize what time and services need to be billed to clients.
Goal: View and manage all of your work emails in one place—from both clients and non-clients. Quickly create a task or contact from an email.
Canopy's Global Navigation Bar will provide quick and convenient access to your Global Inbox, where you can view and manage all of your work emails.
Users can create a task or a contact from directly within their Global Inbox, creating a more seamless workflow between your email and Canopy.