Pull a Client Transcript
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of Contents1. Choose Transcripts in the slide-in menu.2. Click Request transcript.3. Identify whether you are pulling a transcript for a business or an individual.4. From the dropdown menu, select the type of client you are pulling a transcript for. 5. Search for and select a contact for the Contact Name field.6. Ensure that your Organization and CAF information are correct.7. Click Request IRS Transcript.
In order to request a transcript, you will need to input your IRS e-Services login information and have a Power of Attorney registered with the IRS in advance. Without registering for two-factor authentication with the IRS, you will not be able to complete this process. Additionally, you will need to set up Canopy to work with your IRS account. Please refer to our integration setup guide for more information. To get started with pulling a transcript, click Files on the global navigation bar. Alternatively, you can also access transcripts for a specific client at the client level.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Transcripts
1. Choose Transcripts in the slide-in menu.
2. Click Request transcript.
3. Identify whether you are pulling a transcript for a business or an individual.
4. From the dropdown menu, select the type of client you are pulling a transcript for.
- You can select either an Existing Contact or a New Contact.
5. Search for and select a contact for the Contact Name field.
- If included on your contact's profile, the taxpayer identification number will automatically fill in. If not, you will need to manually input your client's taxpayer identification number.