Connect a Yahoo email account
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of Contents1. Click Account Info.2. Click Account Security.3. Click Generate app password to get a one-time password to use with Canopy.4. In the Select your app dropdown menu, choose Other.5. Input a name for the app.6. Click Generate.7. Copy the generated code from Yahoo, and paste it into the password field of Canopy.8. Click Connect account in Canopy.
Currently, Yahoo Mail API/IMAP service recommends third-party applications like Canopy to use their OAuth-2.0 authentication flow to access a Yahoo Mail account. Unlike other email providers, like Gmail and Outlook 365 who make their OAuth-2.0 authentication flow public, Yahoo has an internal review process it must perform before it allows third-party applications to access its OAuth-2.0 APIs. To get started, log in to your Yahoo email account.
1. Click Account Info.
2. Click Account Security.
3. Click Generate app password to get a one-time password to use with Canopy.
- If you have already created a one-time password for other apps, click Manage App Passwords.
4. In the Select your app dropdown menu, choose Other.
5. Input a name for the app.
- Generally, you should name the app Canopy.
6. Click Generate.
7. Copy the generated code from Yahoo, and paste it into the password field of Canopy.
8. Click Connect account in Canopy.
- Canopy should be able to connect to your Yahoo account. Return to the Connect an Email Account article.