Upload Files with the Desktop Assistant
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Once you have successfully installed the desktop assistant onto your computer, you will be able to upload files and documents directly into your Canopy account by printing to the desktop assistant. To get started, pull up the file you wish to print to Canopy.
1. Click the Print icon.
2. Select the Canopy printer driver as the Destination.
- Note that your Print window and options may vary depending on your browser.
3. Click Print.
4. You will be prompted to specify a File name as well as a Contact profile and folder path to store the file.
- You can choose an existing file path or create a new folder by clicking the New folder icon.
- Click Upload.
5. Click the desktop assistant icon to view the status of your upload.
6. Once the upload is complete, click View in Canopy.
- You will see your uploaded document in the Canopy platform in the specified contact profile and folder path.